July 10

End of the Year

This is late, but closure is important. We were not able to get as far as I’d like with the blogging project this school year. However, it was a learning experience. I’m confident that next year will be more successful. Please come back to this site to check-out what the Portable People are up to. Have a super summer!

Posted July 10, 2011 by magillbr in category Goodbye

14 thoughts on “End of the Year

1. Makenna

Dear Mr. Magill,
    I like this post. It really looks like you were crying when you posted it. You should do the same thing this year! 
    Your Student,
    Makenna

2. mohamed35

Dear Mr. Magill
    What do we do at the end of the school year? Will we have a party? Will we play games? Will we have a long time of recess? Will we study?
    I like the end of the school year, because we usually do parties and play games and get a lot of recess time.
    Mohamed

3. magillbr (Post author)

Mohamed,
    Yes. We do several fun activities. For instance, we will have a day where we sign yearbooks. This is a nice time to reflect on the year and document all the friends and classmates you’ve had in Elementary School. Also, we’re going to have Field Day. During Field Day we will play all sorts of games at stations around the school. It’s going to be great!
    Mr. Magill

4. Endless

Dear Mr. Magill,
    I’m not ready to leave Challenger because it is the best school that I have had.
    Endless

5. magillbr (Post author)

Endless,
    That is very sweet of you to say. I think it’s always hard at the end of the school year to see our 5th graders leave. However, you will be ready to make the transition by that time. Let’s take our time getting there.
    Mr. Magill

6. Endless

Dear Mr. Magill,
    Yes. It is so hard to leave at the end of the year. I just wish I could stay here longer instead going to middle school.
    Endless

7. Endless

Dear Mr. Magill,
    I’m going to miss you guys when I move, but I will try to have fun here before I move.
    Endless

8. magillbr (Post author)

Endless,
    We will miss you too. Remember you can keep in touch through our classroom blog.
    Mr. Magill

9. magillbr (Post author)

Endless,
    We will talk more about these fears and feelings before you go. I think you will really enjoy your middle school experience.
    Mr. Magill

10. Jolie

Mr. Magill
    I wish I could be a kid for a longer amount of time.
    I don’t want to go to middle school.
    Jolie

11. magillbr (Post author)

Jolie,
    You’ll still be a kid in middle school. Really, don’t worry. Growing up can be kinda cool. Just remember the things you liked as a kid and you’ll always be a kid at heart.
    Mr. Magill