June 11

The Apple Cup

Nutrition came to a close earlier this month and we had to say goodbye to our teacher, Mrs. MaCrae.  We celebrated with the Apple Cup competition.  Kids were divided into teams based on My Plate.  Then, Mrs. MaCrae pulled out a super fancy game show like buzzer system.  That’s the best I can explain it.  Kids buzzed in for answers to questions related to what we’ve learned in Nutrition class.  For instance, the kids were asked, “What is the daily recommended amount of fruit a person should eat?” Teams got points for their correct answers.  It was very close, but one team came out on top.  Our protein group won this year and got a chance to take a picture with the Apple Cup Trophy.

What was your favorite activity with Mrs. MacRae?

Posted June 11, 2012 by magillbr in category Uncategorized

9 thoughts on “The Apple Cup

1. reilli35

Dear Mr. Magill,
    My favorite activity was when we did the salad bar challenge. I got to try some fruits and vegetables that I had never tried before. Some of them I did like and the others I didn’t like so much. My favorite thing that I tried was the Asain Pear. It tastes totally different the the pears that I usually eat.

Reilli

2. edgar35

Dear Mr.Magill,
    My team didn’t win, but even if we didn’t win, we still had alot of fun.
    Edgar

3. magillbr (Post author)

That’s great! We’ll be doing it again this year. I hope kids learn alot about nutrition. Not only will it help them in the Apple Cup, but it will help them make healthy food choices later in life.

Mr. Magill